Dedicated volunteers are essential to the success of the Marine Mammal Rescue Centre. Volunteers clean facilities and animal care spaces; prepare food and assist in feeding animals; assist with the preparation and administration of medications and treatments; accompany staff on rescues and releases; and help to ensure that every animal gets the care that it needs.
If you are interested in joining the volunteer team, please contact Rescue.Volunteers@ocean.org or apply online
Our Application Process
All volunteers must fit these requirements to register for the Vancouver Aquarium Volunteer Program:
- Have valid BC Medical Coverage/Insurance (ex. BC CareCard or travel insurance)
- Be able to communicate in English
- Be eligible to volunteer in Canada (check your visa, if applicable)
- Able to commit to 50 hours of volunteer service (approx. 3-4 months)
- Be willing to purchase a Volunteer T-shirt and Volunteer Manual ($30). If this poses a hardship please contact the Volunteer Services team.
Register In The Volunteer Database
If you would like to be informed of upcoming recruitments when they open please sign up to the volunteer database by completing the online application form using the link below.
An opportunity designed to provide students with hands-on experience in marine mammal rescue, rehabilitation and the conservation of marine life. Students will engage in laboratory procedures, rescue techniques and help with the veterinary and husbandry care of stranded marine mammals.